Localizing for Time Zone, Currency, Governmental Units, Etc
This section covers configuration of localization parameters including:
- Currency -- The default currency used in all transactions.
- Organization-ID -- The Party ID of your internal organization, refer to Create Your Own Organization
- Currency Format -- The standard format used for your currency, example: 1,234.74
- Country -- The default country specified by the "geo Id" code. See the note below.
- Time Zone -- The local time zone as an offset from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
Configuration of these items is accomplished by editing a file in the opentaps server installation directory. Proceed as follows:
* Navigate to the opentaps installation directory on your server. * Open the file located at: /framework/common/config/general.properties * Locate the line items to configure each of these items.
Note: The # symbol in this file indicates that the line is a comment. You need to edit the line following such comments, which contains the item you are configuring.
Note: The valid "Geo ID" codes for use in configuring the default country can be displayed in the opentaps online application at this location:
* From the Main Navigation page, * Click: [Webtools] Icon, the "Framework Web Tools" page opens. * Under Entity Engine Tools heading, Click: [Entity Data Maintenance] link * In the alphabetical list of entities displayed, locate the "Geo" entry. * On the Geo line entry, Click: [All] to view the Geo items. * Use the search criteria such as Name to locate the specific Geo you need. * Use the displayed "geo Id" to configure the default geographic unit in the general.properties file discussed above.
Manual Pages > Login Timeout Settings