The following notations are used throughout this documentation site:
- opentaps is divided into a series of applications with sub-sections. The applications are accessible from the main "opentaps" splash screen, and the sub-sections are available on the tabs of the applications. For example, references to
Financials > Receivables
mean that you should click on the "AR/AP, Ledger, Financials" application on the opentaps splash screen and then click on the [Receivables] tab.
- Buttons are enclosed with [ ]. For example, if you see the following on a documentation page;
it means you should click on a button for creating account.
- ID values refer to a system generated value for a person, product, order, invoice, payment, etc. By convention, most values in opentaps have their ID values in ( ). For example, you might see:
John Smith (10000)
This means that the person "John Smith" could be referred to with id value "10000" on screens where a customer ID or party ID is required.
- Next to many data input fields you may see the following icon which takes you to the lookup widget:
- Next to date fields you may see the following icon which takes you to the calendar widget:
- All files in this documentation site are referenced from the opentaps installation directory. For example, if you have installed opentaps in
then references to the following file
means you should be editing the following on your file system: