Setting Up Your Products and Sales Materials
To access the Catalog application from the Main Navigation screen, proceed as follows, Click: Catalog Icon, the Catalog Manager Application Main page opens. Click: [Create New Product] button, the Edit Product box opens. Adjust the width of your Browser window to view the whole Edit Product Box, if necessary.
This page provides for entry of basic information about a product, like it's name, and a few descriptive items relating to how it is to be handled. These items are then recorded, and the sub-Tabs for the Product are then displayed so that other detailed descriptive and handling parameters can be fully defined. The first group of items follow.
"Basic Product Definition Items"
In each of the following items, Click the link provided to get more information about how to fill in the data required in each of the listed items.
- Product ID -- Enter the Product ID, and the Product Type
- Wording and Comment -- Enter the Product Internal Name, your Brand Name, and OEM ID
- Virtual Product -- Specify Virtual Product Characteristics
- Primary Category -- Specify a Primary Category
- Dates -- Enter Dates for Introduction, Discontinuation, and Support
- Inventory -- Specify Sales Availability Versus Inventory Status
- Rate -- Rate
- Amount -- Amount and Units
- Measures -- Quantity and Measures
- Shipping -- Specify Product Shipping Assumptions
- Miscellaneous -- Checkboxes for Selected Terms
- Content Information Text -- This item points to the [Content] sub-Tab for entry of many product description items like the text description, images, etc.
[Create Product] Button -- Click: [Create Product] to save the entries you provided on this page. The Product page opens again with the full set of sub-Tabs displayed for entry of many other product specifications.
"Product Bar Code"
In opentaps Catalog > Product the product bar code is generated automatically from the Product ID code. Thus, a scanner reading the printed bar code will be capturing the opentaps Product ID for use in any system processes where that entity is required.
The [Bar Code] button found on the [Product] Sub Tab, and in some other screens provides a graphic display of this generated bar code.
In the next section we will discuss the purpose and format of information to be entered into, or viewed in the Sub-Tab sections for each Product.
Manual Pages >> Using_Product_Information_Sub-Tabs_Step-By-Step