Security permissions for users
Typical security permissions for opentaps users are:
- FULL_ADMIN: full system administration privileges, including parties in users to set up new users and reset passwords for users, and web tools to access the database and backend services. You will still need permissions to the other applications, such as CRM, financials, purchasing, and warehouse if you want to access them.
- CSR, CSR_B2C, SALES_REP, SALES_REP_LIMITED, SALES_MANAGER: Permissions to access the CRM application, with different degrees of access to its features. CSR and CSR_B2C are designed for users who will be maintaining customer records and entering sales orders. SALES_REP are designed for sales reps with more sales force automation capabilities. SALES_REP_LIMITED is for sales reps with view only access to customer records. The SALES_MANAGER can view reports, set up sales teams, and deactivate accounts as well.
- FINANCIALS_: these are the permissions for the financials application. They range from FINANCIALS_ADMIN with comprehensive permissions for the entire financials application to more specific FINANCIALS_AR and FINANCIALS_AP permissions.
- PRCH_MANAGER: A purchasing manager, with all permissions in the purchasing application, including approving purchase orders.
- PRCH_CLERK: The purchasing clerk has more limited permissions to the purchasing application. He or she can create purchase orders, but cannot approve them.
- WRHS_ADMIN: Administrator for the warehouse application, with permissions to all parts of this application, including creating the warehouses.
- WRHS_SHIPPER, WRHS_USER, WRHS_MANAGER: These can be set up in the warehouse application by the warehouse administrator. the shipper can only perform shipping operations in the warehouse, and the manager can perform all operations in the warehouse, but only in the warehouse where the user is given these permissions.
- CATALOGADMIN: administrator for the catalog application, for setting up products, their prices, and purchasing information for the products.
- PARTYADMIN: administrator for the party application only, for users who would be administering other users but would not have access to the other administrative applications.
Finally, users for the CRM application (and only the CRM application) need to have a special role configured. Go to the [Roles] for your user, and associate either the Account Rep, Account Manager, or Customer Service Rep to this user.
Manual Pages > The System Administrator's User-names and Passwords