Outsource a Task Tests
This test verifies that a routing task could be outsourced correctly.
Create a routing task in Manufacturing > Routing and associated with the routing PROD_COST Go to Purchasing > Suppliers >> Outsource a Task Enter the following values:
- Supplier ID = DemoSupplier
- Routing Task ID = ID of the routing task you just created
- ProductId, internal name, supplier product id, supplier product name = anything you'd like
- Price = unit price
Click on [Create]
Now go back to Catalog and find your product using the productId you just entered. You should be able to see the following information on the various tabs:
- Product: productId, type of "Contract manufacturing service", internal name what you just set
- Suppliers: a record for the purchasing information, including supplier product id, name, and last price
- Work Efforts: a record linking this product to the routing task Id and a relation type of "Product for purchasing outsourced manufacturing task"
You should also now be able to create and execute outsourced production runs with steps similar to Making a Product with One Outsourced Step