Making a Product with One Internal Task and Two Outsourced Tasks
This test will verify the production of a product with one internal task followed by two outsourced tasks. This test is a combination of Making a Product with One Internal Manufacturing Step and Making a Product with One Outsourced Step, so please read and become familiar with those two tests before attempting this one.
Create a production run of productId=PROD_IN_OUT, routingId=ROUTING_IN_OUT, quantity=1
Production run created with tasks in the following sequence:
- Demo Routing Task for Costing
- Sample Outsourced Production Task
- Second Sample Outsourced Production Task
Confirm the production run
[Start] button appears next to "Demo Routing Task for Costing" task
Start, issue components, and complete the first production run task.
Inventory issued and costs booked as in Making a Product with One Internal Manufacturing Step
Follow steps to Making a Product with One Outsourced Step to create purchase orders and receive the outsourced tasks.
Similar to that in Making a Product with One Outsourced Step, with the following exceptions:
- There would be two items on the purchase order, OUTSOURCE0001 (quantity=1, price=10) and OUTSOURCE0002 (quantity=10, price=5.85)
- Two accounting transactions would be created, one for each outsourced task, with the following values:
CR 600120 Contract Mfg Expense 10 DR 142000 WIP Inventory 10
CR 600120 Contract Mfg Expense 58.5 DR 142000 WIP Inventory 58.5
- After the inventory is received, the following transaction is created:
CR 142000 WIP Inventory 307.50 DR 140000 Inventory 307.50
- The vendor invoice from DemoSupplier should have two line items, one for quantity=1 of OUTSOURCE0001 and one for quantity=10 of OUTSOURCE0002
- After the vendor invoice has the shipping charges added and is set to Ready, the following accounting transactions should be created:
DR 6001200 Contract Mfg Exp 10 DR 6001200 Contract Mfg Exp 58.5 DR 5100000 Freight In 9.95 CR 2100000 Accounts Payable 78.45