MRP Product Configuration and MRP Extensions
MRP Product Configuration After Import
Configuring Imported Products for MRP Application
Note: If you have imported your Products into the opentaps database Catalog, then the technical system administrator needs to perform these two additional configuration steps:
- If you have imported products, you should run the initLowLevelCode service to set up your products and check the Product.billOfMaterialLevel to make sure it is set.
- Your products must have a "low level code" configured for them. If they were created in opentaps, they should be created automatically. Otherwise, if you imported your products, your system administrator must run a service called "initLowLevelCode".
Customizing the MRP Applications
The opentaps MRP system offers additional possibilities for developers beyond those in the Run MRP Screen:
- It is possible to configure your MRP to round to a different number of decimal places and to configure the interim and final rounding, so that you can have MRP "accrue" fractions, carry them forward in time, and do the normal rounding in the final period by using 0 decimal places, RoudningMode.DOWN for interim requirement, and RoundingMode.HALF_UP for final requirement.
- You can run the opentaps MRP as a "black box" for other ERP or inventory management systems, without using the opentaps sales, inventory, and purchasing models, by turning off the reInitializeInventoryEvents field and importing InventoryEventPlanned records.
- There is also now an MrpConfiguration abstract class which you can implement and pass into opentaps.runMrpForFacility. It is new and not fully developed yet, but the concept is to allow you to custom-configure the various results of MRP, such as turnaround time for manufacturing or purchasing.