opentaps is meant to be customized and extended for your own needs. You can build your own opentaps-based component or application using the tools described in this wiki. This page is for the "best practices" of building additional components which extend opentaps.
- Keep it all separated by creating your own hot-deploy/ component and putting everything in there. This component should have your own entities, services, webapp with controllers, screens and pages.
- Reuse existing functionality by referencing existing entities, services, use the include-controller to includes segments of an existing controller, and reference existing screens and pages from your component.
- Give your own the prefix for the entity names and service names, like "mySalesXXX" or "myCreateXXXX", so that there is no risk of collision later on.
- It might be better not to use extend-entity to change existing entities, and just add your own entities which are related to existing entities, if you need additional fields.
- You still may need to deactivate some SECAs, EECAs (event triggers) in the core opentaps and ofbiz components
- Keep a file to log what you have changed in the core.