* To run Reverse Assembly, navigate from the Main Navigation screen as follows, * Click: [Warehouse] Icon > [Manufacturing] Tab > [Create Reverse Assembly] button * The "Create Reverse Assembly" screen opens.
Introduction to the Reverse Assembly Production Run
Using the Reverse Assembly, which is a type of Production Run, opentaps allows you to reverse assemble a manufactured product into its original Bill Of Material (BOM) parts. Thus, when the Reverse Assembly production run is started, you issue the finished product, and when it finishes, you stock in the BOM parts.
In a reverse assembly, the manufactured product is the raw material used and the parts are the output produced by the production run. Note that a reverse assembly goes only one level down in the Bill Of Material. If Machine A is made from Part 1 and Part 2, and Part 2 is made from Part 3 and Part 4, a reverse assembly of Machine A would leave you with Part 1 and Part 2, it would not further disassemble the components. If you want to disassemble Part 2 into Part 3 and Part 4, a separate reverse assembly must be run for it as well.
For information about cost accounting for the Reverse Assembly, see Manufacturing Accounting.
In opentaps version 1.4, a reverse assembly can use the alternate bill of material if your product was assembled by the alternate Routing and alternate BOM. By entering the routing ID for your product, it will look up the bill of material for that routing and disassemble your product into the parts thereof.
Using the Reverse Assembly
After you have opened the Reverse Assembly screen, proceed as follows:
Enter the following data values into the "Create Reverse Asembly" screen,
- Product ID to disassemble -- the Catalog Manager ID of the product to disassemble
- Quantity -- quantity of finished product you will disassemble
- Start Date -- start date for the reverse assembly production run
- Routing Id -- the Routing ID used to build the finished products being disassembled
- Production Run Name -- a descriptive name for the reverse assembly production run
- Description -- further description of this run
Click: [Create Reverse Assembly] A Production Run screen opens that is labeled "Reverse Assembly". This production run is like any other at this point, and it is executed and managed in the same way. For details refer to the User Guide section entitled Managing and Executing Production Runs.
Outsourcing Manufacturing < Manual Pages